We believe may people may benefit from genomic testing, and possibly the younger the better.
Genomic testing is revolutionizing the world of health minded, proactive people.
- recognize you have top management strategies in many areas of your life, but when it comes to treating your own health as an asset to be grown, your needs are not met?
- look for advice to stay healthy, and cannot arrive beyond generalities such as to avoid smoking, exercise, and keeping one’s fingers crossed?
- spend money on vitamin supplements, go to health retreats, exercise, meditate, and more, but do not have specific knowledge about which supplements are necessary instead of optional? Do you want someone to eliminate the expensive guesswork?
- believe “it is in my family, what can I do after all?”
Genetics refers to the study of genes and their roles in inheritance. The way that certain traits or conditions are passed down from one generation to another. It involves studies of genes and their effects. Genes (units of heredity) carry the instructions for making proteins, which direct the activities of cells and functions of the body.
Genomics is the study of all of a person’s genes (the genome),the interactions of those genes with each other and with the person’s environment. It can help the study of complex diseases:heart disease, asthma, diabetes, and cancer. Such diseases are typically caused more by a combination of genetic and environmental factors than by individual genes.
The recent completion of the Human Genome Project has make it possible to perform simple genomic tests that can reveal an individual’s potential susceptibility to specific diseases. A genomically-based report can help pinpoint health risks that previously would have been lurking out-of-sight. This information allows FWSI to work with you in charting a route to avoid possible disease conditions that you may encounter otherwise.
Knowing better one’s own risk areas and defects is important in creating a lifestyle that directly addresses the needs of that one person. One no longer has to rely on opinions or make decisions based on general knowledge. Data collected in personal genetic testing helps create an individualized preventive program. This technology also may allow a better and more appropriate allocation of one’s resources. Many proactive people try to cover all bases in an empirical fashion. This might not have to happen with genomic data in hand.
Your health future is not written in stone.
What is an example of how this works? Genetic changes in folic acid cycle metabolism can cause elevated homocysteine levels. Elevated homocysteine levels in turn can cause problems with depression, cervical uterine cancer, arthritis, and spina bifida. With a proper diagnosis, FWSI can prescribe and recommend interventions to help offset imbalances associated with this type of health risk and many others.
If you are interested in this topic you can see Dr. Bazzan’s lecture on Genomics at the Marcus Institute of Integrative Health.
- Genomic testing for Heart Health
- Genomic testing for the Immune System
- Genomic testing for the Detoxification System and risk of toxicity, cancer, and oxidative stress
- Genomic testing for Osteoporosis
Genes and environment merge and create you as you are.
You cannot change your genes, but you can change how you express them by changing your environment.
Changing the environment creates a different you.